Wednesday, April 30

Goodbye Portland

One last day of cleaning and one last day in our apartment. Eric has lived in the apartment for almost six years and I have been living in it for just over three. We have accumulated  more stuff than one would think could possibly fit in a small one bedroom apartment.

And the cleaning!!!! Wow, I was scrubbing for four and a half hours straight the other night and that was just the tip of the iceberg! We feel an obligation to try and clean it exquisitely because the landlord told Eric not to worry she was giving him the whole security deposit back since he has been such a good tenant for five years and any damages at this point are just regular wear and tear. We felt that we should not give her any reason to regret that decision. So we scrub.

At the end of the day we will be homeless adventurers (staying at Eric's mothers house)! And at the end of two days and two nights we will be on the road leaving Portland for an undetermined length of time.

I have lived in Portland for about nine years and Eric has lived here for almost six, goodbye for now Portland we will see you when we return. We do not know if we will live in Portland when we return but we will definitely will be back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys already. It is so cool of you to setup a blog. Make sure you post good pictures.

I am treating this like a long vacation. I'll see you soonly enough ;)

Love too,

greg

Anonymous said...

Im so proud (and a bit jealous) of both of you! :-)
You both totally deserve this!
Tim

Unknown said...

At least Istanbul is the furthest city away from Iraq, I feel better now. Maybe Vicky and I will visit.