Our trip across the states was smooth, we saw some pronghorn antelope in Wyoming and a turkey walking along on the shoulder of I-80 in Idaho. Other wildlife we saw include hawks, deer, many small rodents, birds and lots of dead raccoons. We did make it to three roadside attractions as you can see below, first our lady of peace in Pine Bluffs, Wyoming just one mile from the border of Nebraska. Next, you will see what at one time was a glorious covered wagon with wheels and fresh paint (the picture in our roadside attraction depicted it as such), sadly we found it to be in a state of disrepair. Last we have Albert the pride of the town of Audubon Iowa. He has his own city park and has traveled the country promoting beef! Albert is thirty feet tall and weighs forty-five tons. We love Albert!
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Albert the Bull is a symbol of what some motivated Americans can do with our freedom. USA Rules!
I love the symbolic value of the Turkey walking along the highway. Hey, good news! I spoke with a half Turkish 3rd grader at the school which I work. I told her my friends were moving to Istanbul. She said, "Oh, Istanbul is one of the popular places. They can get an apartment for a dollar and work at an ice cream factory like my dad!" So consider that a blessing from Pascha. You'd like her. She shaved off half her "unibrow" and ignominiously wore a hat for three weeks. She's tough. liane
3 comments:
Albert the Bull is a symbol of what some motivated Americans can do with our freedom. USA Rules!
I love the pictures, talk to you soon
Mark
I love the symbolic value of the Turkey walking along the highway. Hey, good news! I spoke with a half Turkish 3rd grader at the school which I work. I told her my friends were moving to Istanbul. She said, "Oh, Istanbul is one of the popular places. They can get an apartment for a dollar and work at an ice cream factory like my dad!" So consider that a blessing from Pascha. You'd like her. She shaved off half her "unibrow" and ignominiously wore a hat for three weeks. She's tough. liane
I wager you will not see a cow that large where you are going.
Post a Comment